• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ARG!!!!If it ain't one thing it is another....

FreightTrain

Banned
Good thing we didn't get the snow they predicted(Nothing stuck period here!).I went out today to fire it up for the heck of it and while watching the gauges the Oil Pressure gauge didn't twitch.....hmmm,tapped on it.....nothing.....let it run for about a minute and shut it down.Popped the hood and found 1/4" on the end of the dip stick.Guess I found out the oil on the tranny and transfer is NOT 90W gear oil.....When I did my check over while fixing the fuel line,I looked at the drain hole for the bell housing and there was no oil in there so only place I can see oil leaking engine wise is the OP reg thingy on the passenger side of the block and the trans drain hose.Can those 2 actually leak that much oil in 500 miles?Side of the block doesn't look all that slobbered.Just trail running straight down the side to the pan rail.

badgmc56

RE: ARG!!!!If it ain

If you mean the oil pressure sending unit, you have to remember what ever oil pressure the oil pump is putting out is the same pressure at the sending unit.I have seen oil leaks bad enough at the sending unit to puke a couple of quarts in minutes. Not saying yours is that bad but I would change the sending unit if it is leaking at all.

FreightTrain

Banned
RE: ARG!!!!If it ain

I mean the hicky behind the turbo.The regulator thingy about midway up the block on the passenger side.Gonna change the oil and filters tomorrow and degrease the engine so I can figure out exactly where the leak is before I start taking stuff off and throwing parts at it.Hopefully it is just the gasket(or lack there of).

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't ran my deuce that low but any other engine I've seen will still have oil pressure if there's any oil at all on the stick. I'd fill it with oil and check pressure before I went further to make sure low oil level is really your problem.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The oil on the tranny, should smell like gear lube, if that is what it is. Engine oil doesn't smell much. Needs to be checked often, to see what's happening. A broken line can dump all the oil in a couple of minutes & there would be a hell of a mess. If the engine is using oil, it can use up a couple of gallons in only a couple hundred miles & you woun't see a mess. A Turbo can go, & it can direct feed the engine several gallons in a few miles. If its bushings really go, it will shed impeller blades that can lead to heartburn.

Lee in Alaska

badgmc56

The rght way to see if you have oil pressure is to find the oil pressure sendind unit [your manual will tell you where it is] remove it and hook up a mechanical guage. That way there is no doubt about the performance of the oil pump or internals.If you have good pressure it's probably a bad sending unit. Not only do they leak but they can fail also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks