• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

armament for MV's...

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Classier than my setup, I slit a SS tube lengthwise, stretched it open as best I could, and welded ends on. It's pretty lumpy but worked for the 1919 I needed done.
That’s badass- I woulda done that if I could have found thin-wall 7” stainless tube.

teletech

That’s badass- I woulda done that if I could have found thin-wall 7” stainless tube.
Indeed, the 7" would have been a trick. Some old distillery pipe or something perhaps. What you had worked great though.
You know how it is, we make do with what we have. Used a SS canteen cup for the ends and stole some heating elements from a toaster oven.
Just add a power cord and some bricks to keep it off the ground. It works just barely well enough I haven't needed to make a better one.
DSC_0588.JPG

teletech

Is it just me or are dummy/display guns a lot more expensive lately?
Of course, "lately" is all relative, last time I checked a 1919 parts kit was $600 and people were still turning their noses up as Izzy-marked ones. :)
Hadn't been aping attention for a while but recently checked and I saw some pretty nice looking 1919s around but they were selling for well over a grand, more like two grand with a tripod and accessories!
What are others seeing in terms of price on a decent all-metal .30 browning with some GI parts?

dozenjeeps

If it's mostly GI parts used in a demill, I've seen them sell for north of $2K. If the parts are somewhat nice and including the pedestal it could easily be $3k based on prices from about a year back when I was shopping.
Thanks for the reply, was off line to long, thinking of putting my M-151 in pictures with all accessories and two takeout engines, trannys, and other parts for sale with the M-2 ..........Need to start making some room.........thanks again............

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks for the reply, was off line to long, thinking of putting my M-151 in pictures with all accessories and two takeout engines, trannys, and other parts for sale with the M-2 ..........Need to start making some room.........thanks again............
Yeah Yeah
If I was more young I was just come there and buy it all. Not anymore.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks