• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Armed Forces Day JBLM 16 May 2015

Amer-team

Hello Team,
Any of you interested in showing your vehicles at AFD JBLM this year, on 16 May? I will be putting in a registration when they send them out. Let me know and if you aren't going in with another group, I will get you on the list. You have to be registered for this event for base security purposes. If you have a retiree card or vehicle that is already registered for base access, you don't have to worry about this registration.

This year I am planning on doing a WW2 engineer display in memory of the 70th anniversary of WW2 but we will find a way to make it work for the M series vehicle folks too.

More to come as this event gets closer. P

Amer-team

If you mean at McChord? I don't know, they have been anti military displays there for the last couple of Airshows. The problem at McChord is that the staff changes every couple of years so they don't keep continuity for the Airshow. At Ft. Lewis, they run Armed Forces Day through MWR and except for retirements every few years, they keep the same people in charge. This will be my 26th year there, if I make it. There will be an airshow at Olympic Flight Museum the weekend after Fathers Day. More to come on that later.

Amer-team

Is anyone interested in attending AFD JBLM as an exhibitor this year? I got the paperwork packet and need to get it in in the next couple of days. They supposedly send it out a month ago and I did not receive it. Anyway PM me if you are interested. I will need your Name, DOB, and DL number. They also said they want weapon serial numbers if you are bringing weapons to display? That is a new one for me. If you do this send me a PM with the info that you are sharing and I will get the packet in.

I am doing WW2 this year, but if you want to bring a vehicle, let me know and we will work it in. Large vehicles may go in the parking lot behind the outfield of the baseball field. Historical displays will be on the baseball field, more or less like normal.

If you want to do this one, we will find a way. Peter

REDROCKET

Peter, I have a bicycle race that day! *cry* Same reason I missed it last year. If something happens and I can't go I will display w/you.

Amer-team

Security might be an issue this year. They are asking for weapons and serial numbers. Have not heard back from them on the list I sent to see if they made the security cut. Usually they send out vehicle passes and I have not received them yet. Not sure what is going to happen. I told the 1st Sgt. that if they give us a hassle at the gate, we will be early enough that we could still make the Bremerton Parade. If you don't have a base pass and didn't get on the list, you may be out of luck this year.

The FOWJ group will be meeting at the Park n Ride at exit 109 I-5 at 0715. We will have to go in the Main Gate this year, we usually use the Dupont gate, but they are running all displayers through Main. It is a straight shot down 41st Div. Rd. go to the end of the hangars at Gray field and turn right on Bitar rd. and go to the back of the baseball stadium. Historical displays will be set up around the outfield fence, but inside the Stadium.

Give me a call if you have questions or issues and we may be able to resolve them, but we are at the mercy of Post security on Saturday. Peter 360 870 0706

Amer-team

Mission accomplished. Situation normal at the gate, but everyone somehow made it in. There are a few pictures posted on the MV spotted thread. Thanks to those that were able to turn out. We had a really nice WW2 display in honor of the 70th anniversary.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks