• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Armed Forces Day JBLM May 17, 2014

Amer-team

Hello Team, time to get this date on your calendar. JBLM is Ft. Lewis for those that don't live in our area. If someone would like to take the paperwork on for this event, pm me and I will get you in touch with the right people. I am going to be focusing on Operation Overlord, D-day June 6, 1944 for this event, this year. This due to the 70th anniversary of this event.

This is probably the best venue for what we do in displaying and portraying military history. They are open to all eras of vehicles and displays, but if you are not pre registered, you will have a heck of a time getting in. If you have questions, send me a note.

Amer-team

After discussion with some our troops at the display at the Harley Dealer in Fife, WA, thought I had better bump this up.

It may be a little late to register for the event, as they wanted them in last month, but I am sure if you show up with an MV, that they can find someplace for you to park to show off your rig. If anyone wants to talk about how this event works, send me a PM or call if you have my number. If I make it, this will be my 25th year displaying at this event.

This year I will be going with a D-Day display in honor of the 70th anniversary of that event. Hope to see you there. P

Amer-team

If you are going to come out and bring your MV, if you have current DOD ID, there should not be a problem. it looks like we will be on the Baseball field again. Am headed up now to check out the situation and will let yo know if there is something different. If you don't have current Military or retiree ID, Have your Drivers License and insurance card handy and tell them you are there to display with the historic military vehicles. I can't say they will let you in to the area, but they might.

If you would like to tag along with the Friends of Willie and Joe and Friends of Kilroy, they will be leaving the Martin Way, Lacey, park and ride at 0730. it is only about 20 minutes to base from there. You will most likely want to go in the Dupont gate, exit 119 as they will have someone there from MWR helping to facillitate, the movement of historic vehicles.

Let me know if you have questions and I will check later. Peter L.

Amer-team

Mission accomplished. The weather held today and there was quite a crowd. Thanks to those SS members that were able to attend and or bring a vehicle along to the event. This is one of the best events that we do out here. At many places that we display, you don't get anywhere near the interest that is shown on post. Way to go team. Pics to come.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks