• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Army Heritage Days

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Army Heritage Days are at the Carlisle, PA AHM near the War College. They are accepting applications for military vehicles for display during the 2 day event May 19-20. Vheicles must be stock with military markings and color. No customized trucks. Register at; The U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center (USAHEC)

Look where is says;

Living Historians and Reenactors may register to be included in Army Heritage Days 2012 HERE

I will be there.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be there on Saturday, after all IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! Have to spend time looking at green trucks and the displays they have there. It'll be quite a treat - maybe not for my daughter who'll be in tow, but did I mention IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! :)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had a great time on my B-Day on Saturday, looking at all the displays there. There were thousands of folks that came on Sat. to see everything. Some of the setups were WORLD-CLASS living history displays, folks put a lot of effort into getting everything just right. Especially loved the Vietnam displays, the WW1 trench setup (featuring 3 guys in period dress sitting in the bottom of a muddy shell hole all day (now THAT'S dedication to the hobby!), and some of the Civil War and Revolutionary War displays were great too.

I had a nice conversation with two Union officers there about the differences between my tropical jungle fatiques circa 1968, and their blue wool uniforms and overcoats circa 1863. Funny thing was, I was sweating a lot in my jungle fatigues and they said they were nice and cool in their 20-pound outfits. Very interesting. Wish I had a cigar to chomp along with them at their setup, they were puffing away and I was envious. :)

I hope they have this next year, I'd love to set up my display there, now that I know that the first one was a success. Big thumbs up to the three gun trucks there, and I stopped by and said hi to SrJeeper who had his yellow-nosed M35A2 there as well.

Great job, re-enactors, and can't wait to see it all again next year!

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks