• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ashtray

niferous

I searched on here and looked at LMC truck and can't find replacement ashtrays anywhere. Mine won't close. Does anyone know where to get them?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ditto.... junk, or salvage yards, have lots of these older trucks, mostly pickups, but interior is the same.

ONTOS66

Or, you could stencil "NO SMOKING" on the dash, as required for all (right thinking) military vehicles and put something else in the ash tray slot.

;)

Actually, I think that any civilian (junk yard) blazer ash tray would work.

I remember back in the "Old Corps" when C-Rations had cigarettes in the accessory pack. When living in an environment full of assorted lethal devices, smoking tobacco seemed a vary minor hazard - on a par with a shaving nick.

taylordc15

Wont close? or wont stay closed? Mine wouldn't stay closed, the springs that close it were missing, pulled them from a civi truck at the junk yard.

HardCorps79

Or, you could stencil "NO SMOKING" on the dash, as required for all (right thinking) military vehicles and put something else in the ash tray slot.

;)

I remember back in the "Old Corps" when C-Rations had cigarettes in the accessory pack. When living in an environment full of assorted lethal devices, smoking tobacco seemed a vary minor hazard - on a par with a shaving nick.
Gotta agree. Official policy now states that smoking is not authorized in any DOD vehicle or building. In Iraq, I never saw the vehicle policy enforced a single time. Of course, the new Humvees don't have ashtrays, so we'd tape an empty MRE bag to the dash for trash, kill the cigs on our boot, and we were good to go. One thing we were careful about was never throwing butts out the window. Something to do with not leaving any kind of intel trail for the enemy. Not that it mattered. They always could see us coming, but old habits die hard. Semper Fi, brother.