• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Asst needed Mechanicsburg

NEIOWA

Receiving 4ea AN/GRM-114A Radio Test Sets thru FEPP (from DRMS) for our Fire Dept. Local Ham radio club (MARS) has a bunch of radio geeks who are engineers for Collins and they have volunteered to fix the radios for FD/cops in our county. But they need test equipment. Now have it, assumption is that with 4 of these they can put together at least one good usable set (likely 2 or 3).

Anyhow I need to figure out how to get them pickuped up at DRMO Mechanicsburg for FEDEX ground shipment to Iowa. Likely will have paperwork this week. Anyone going to be at Mechanicsburg in the next week or so that could pick these up? I think drop off to some kind of pack/ship place would work easiest unless a volunteer willing to box/pack. Things are 48lb each (12"x19"x22") so likely 4 boxes. Electronic equipment (not anvils) so need a bit of care but I don't know what their fragile level is.

If you can assist drop me an email.

NEIOWA

Re: UPS

sprucemt said:
UPS Store 4900 Carlisle Pike Mechanicsburg
Tim Elder 717-731-0555
Will pick up and ship UPS. Minimal charge for picking up.
I'd call $40 a bit steep for pickup. And $150 to pack 4 steel boxes into 4 cardboard cartons is more than a bit steep.

sprucemt

RE: Re: UPS

$200.00 shipping for how much weight? I can't drive from northern NY, 16 hours round trip for $200.00. I use these guys all the time for UPS shipable stuff. And I bet the qoute is for something the UPS store hasn't even seen or weighed yet.

spicergear

RE: Re: UPS

That store I'm not too fond of. Had a big block chevy marine heat exchanger to send to a buddy in California. Buddy supplied the shipping account number to ship it under and the guy at THAT store wouldn't let me use the shipping account number because he wouldn't make anything on it.

Attachments

sprucemt

And the man is there to make money. Why would the UPS store do the work and not get the profit. FYI, if someone has an UPS account, UPS can be directed to pick up a package at whatever location assuming it is pre-boxed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks