• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

atf in fuel???

OL AG '89

its slickerer than the current diesel, more lubrication for pumps and such...... in small quantitiies, as I understand it is rumored to possibly cause glazing on cylinder walls in large quantities. I typically just add 1qt of "cheap *ss oil" 30w or whatever I find

dstang97

Take this as what's it's worth but I heard ATF I not good for the pump. The ATF back in the day was good, but the new stuff has different detergents that make it "dry"

camp9

I can only speak about my own experience, but I've added and used it in every diesel I've ever owned. When we were running trucks over the road if we suspected a injector getting dirty we'd add it and it straightened it up every time.

Camp

pmramsey

I can only speak about my own experience, but I've added and used it in every diesel I've ever owned. When we were running trucks over the road if we suspected a injector getting dirty we'd add it and it straightened it up every time.

Camp
Ditto. Marvel Oil works well also.

camp9

I've heard things about marvel oil. I had a friend who would add some once in a while when he charged the air in his trailers. Said he never replaced a break valve on a trailer he owned while doing that.

Camp

Jimma

I know its a different engine but many people are running transmission fluid in their multifuel deuces and are very happy. It burns very well. It can be a little stinky when run straight however.

ssgtcampbell77

Staff Sergeant
You can also use a quart of ATF in your engine if you get water in the oil. Not sure why but the mix of ATF burns out the water. Then of course you should figure out how the water got there in the first place!! [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks