• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Attempting recovery tomorrow

msmith304

So i'm going to attempt to recover the M35A2 i bought at forrest park tomorrow- hope all goes well. i've got my fingers crossed and hopefully with some help from some brothers from the fire department and ambulance service I work for, we'll get the beast rolling home...

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be just up the road at Kennesaw. I can be reached at 478-808-8547 if you need something

Chuck

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'll be there at 1pm...... Look for me....... I'll be in the maroon F-150 SuperCrew picking up a Deuce.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Just got back, didn't see any SS guys there, met a couple of nice guys picking up some trucks but they said they weren't from the site.

Got the truck home, nice runner, required a slave, DEAD batteries!

msmith304

Recovery A Success! I took up a couple guys from the fire department and a buddy from the ambulance service and managed to make it back home in one piece. I was able to drive the deuce back from Ft. Gillem to Augusta without a hitch... well at least the driving back part.

I almost got all four of us arrested while trying to get on base and got to take a scenic tour of Forest Park as a result. When i got up in the AM to get on the road i remembered that I had my carry gun in the center console of my truck and some papers and stuff so i grabbed them in a hurry and took them into the house. When we were pulling in the gates at the base I discovered that in that pile of papers at the house was my proof of insurance... With my luck GCIC was down and they were unable to electronically verify my insurance either.

Apparently they arrest you on base for that and cite you and tow your vehicle. At least thats what the gate security dude said. Policy I guess... Fortunately they cut us loose since they saw my firefighter tag on the pickup truck and didnt feel like paperwork. My verizon navigator sent me to a private residence in the middle of the ghetto thinking the Geico office was located there, then we went to a library (having given the navigator a second chance) that was about 15 miles away where I was able to print the insurance card.

After a good hour and a half later we finally got on base. The guard laughed at us when we went through because GCIC had come back up about 5min after we left and they had been able to verify the insurance on my pickup truck at that time.

Once we finally got to the GL Lot things took a turn for the better- the GL man told me that the brakes were not acting appropriately and that something was leaking or something, but after inspection and a careful test drive we could find nothing wrong with the brakes. He then decided that he was talking about the wrong truck and that we should be good to go. The next 150 or so miles went by pretty uneventfully, and now I'm stoked to have the deuce home. I'm also a little sore from driving it home but it was definitely worth the effort.

Also, Thanks to all who post on this site and for all their useful information and insight. I'm making this my homepage.

-Mark

msmith304

Some pics- forgot to post.

The guy in the 6th picture is my usual partner on the ambulance and I think this is the first time i ever saw him overwhelmed. Kodak moment.

Attachments

Lonesome715

Was there anything that you would feel my wife should know before she goes out there to start picking up trucks? There are three of them she has to get.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks