• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Attention Towbar Owners.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a medium towbar I put together from parts. I have the lunette side and both inner pieces without the MWO re-enforcing collars. The swing leg does have the re-enforcing collar. Anyone have a swing leg without that they want to swap?

Thanks in advance

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fwiw, Gimpy and I have a small stash of the Lunette side( piece with the lunnette only). I believe they all have the MWO collar.

I would not mind finding the inner pieces and the swing side, to assemble some extra bars.

If anyone needs one, or has the other parts, trades or whatever, Pm one of us.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the mwo kit if thats what he wants, but it sounds like he wants one with out.
I used to have one of those kits! Gave it away and I can't remember who I gave it to. LOL. You are right in assuming that I want this second bar without the MWO. BTW, this is not a for sale or want ad, its a swap ad!!!!!! I'm pretty sure that I still have one extra swing side with the MWO for you or Eric.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope, it's going to remain yours Sir. FWIW, my goal is to have a bar that can collapse all the way while still together. With the MWO kits it can't do that. It will also make it easier to store under the bed of the deuce Will Wagner style.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MWO?
Could you please enlighten me about this abbreviation?
Thanx.

MWO, Master Warrant Officer. MWO, Modification Work Order

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Mod work order is correct.

You know Kenny, you can mount the one leg backward and it folds all the way up like normal.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mod work order is correct.

You know Kenny, you can mount the one leg backward and it folds all the way up like normal.
As a matter of fact I do there cubby! Just trying to have a bar that is all uniform. Just how many of the lunette sides do all y'all have anyways?

emr

I took one of my MWO tow bars and nicly ground down the inside untill it laid nice, it is soooo over kill anyway, Absolutly no prob with its strengh, Did not have to grind all the way through the color also.....But I also like my tow bars with out more.....as long as they are not from the bad batch they are fine....And even then not all were bad in the bad batch....so it requires some comon sense.....

Last edited:

FormerNewMVGuy

I took one of my MWO tow bars and nicly ground down the inside untill it laid nice, it is soooo over kill anyway, Absolutly no prob with its strengh, Did not have to grind all the way through the color also.....But I also like my tow bars with out more.....as long as they are not from the bad batch they are fine....And even then not all were bad in the bad batch....so it requires some comon sense.....

Yeah , Emr is always givin his bar a grindin......

On another note i have a medium heavy that im missin one of the inner adjustable legs, So if anybody has one of those, I would be very interested.
Thanks

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DH, What do you need for a lunette side with the MWO. Mine got a little tweaked towing a deuce with the Michelins when we had to tie off the wheel and I had to make a sharp turn in traffic.

emr

[had to tie off the wheel and I had to make a sharp turn in traffic.[/quote]

YOU NEVER TY OFF THE WHEEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!How can it possily follow U if the wheel is tied straight, if it did at all it was because the ty off was loose enough, but Please never never ty off a wheel.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bringing this to the top in case someone coming to the GA rally has a non MWO swing side they want to trade.

ODdave

What is this talk of a bad batch?????????? Please enlighten me, anyone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks