• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auburn WA Veterans Day Parade 7 November 2015

Amer-team

Hello Team, as in the past, I will put a registration in for us this year under the Friends of Kilroy banner. Any Steel Soldiers are welcome to participate. More details to come as it gets closer.

One thing that I am trying to get the parade folks to do this year, is to declare all WW2 Veterans as Co-Grand Marshalls of the parade. It is the 70th Anniversary of the end of WW2 and those men and women won't be with us much longer. I would like to see us in the MV community with WW2 vehicles to put together a composite group of WW2 vehicles to offer rides to the WW2 Veterans for this parade.

All of our regular MV groups would register as usual and then we would have a separate form up position for the WW2 vehicles that want to participate.

What do you all think about this? Should we pursue this action? Thank you, Peter L.

Amer-team

They didn't go for the WW2 Vet Grand Marshall idea, because they are there to honor all veterans, except this is the 50th anniversary of their parade, so that is the most important thing for the day.

The registration is in, so if you want to tag along with this one, let me know and jump in. We are usually on "I" or "J" streets. Will keep you posted on this.

Amer-team

Thank you for chiming in. Will probably meet there at 0900. We usually get on I or J street. Will keep you posted as it gets closer. JH1, clanky big or little green things?

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Peter, if I bring the trailer, I'll need to be on the main street. Moving that truck and trailer around those small side streets is just not going to happen (no room).

Let me know if the main street positioning is possible.

Thanks!

JH1

Storm: I parked a car trailer on Main, but on the other side of M, off to the east. Lots of parking and easy. Peter: The bigger klanky green thing, not the smaller, clattery green thing. :)

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the M101A1 trailer. Not a big klanky, flat bed thing. It will probably have lots of stuff (heavy green stuff) in it.

JH1

Oh, I see now. Just get off at 15th NW and head east to M street and then turn right (south) and head southwest until you get to Main, then turn right. Plenty of room to park along the left curb. Confirm this with Peter, though. It's wide open. You could arrive with a full size semi and trailer and have no problems.
Jim

Amer-team

Looks like we will be on H street this year. Think that is the same place we were last year. Hopefully they will get the final unit numbers posted soon.
See you there.

Amer-team

Storm, there really shouldn't be a problem for you pulling in on H street. I have pulled my 923 there before and it is funny to watch the people try to get around it. What room they have on Main they try to reserve for the really big stuff, like Abbots. We will work it out.

How about the rest of the Steel Soldier team, anyone else turning out for this parade and need a spot to line up?

Amer-team

Well... the 5T is a little longer, a little taller, a little narrower, and about 5 tons less, so would guess that we could say the Abbot is more full figured.

Amer-team

Hey team! Saturday morning 0900 on H ST. Auburn. Hope to see you all there. we will be entry number 158. Send me a note or call if you have any questions. 360 870 0706 Peter

Amer-team

The weather was a bit nasty for this one and various mechanical and health issues caused our participation to fall off this year. I took the 42 GPW and joined in with another group that specializes in WW2. Had to do a 70th anniversary tribute to the WW2 vets. We had one WW2 vet and a Korean War vet ride along too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks