• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auburn WA Veterans Day Parade Nov. 9, 2013

Amer-team

Hello Team, It is time for the Auburn Vets Day Parade. If any of you are not signed up under other vehicle clubs from the area and would like to join in, please chime in so we can get a list going. I have a registration in with the parade under the name of "Friends of Kilroy".

It will be on Nov. 9, 2013 on Main Street in Auburn WA. The usual start time is 1100 and as it gets closer, they will send me notification as to where to line up. Last year we had about 6 vehicles in the parade and it is good to get there earlier to stake out our spot. We had some issues last year with other folks that could not figure out, if they had a higher number than us, they were behind us.

This isn't a fantasy parade so please keep it to original, restored, or under restoration, military vehicles. Thank you.

Hope to see you there. P

Amer-team

Will do. They usually send out form up location a week or two before the event, so I will need a count of vehicles so they can determine space requirements. Will keep it posted. P

Amer-team

Got a note from the Parade people and we will be lining up on "I" St. SE. Registration starts at 0930. i would recommend being there by 0900. If you remember last year we had some issues with groups that were numerically challenged. They couldn't understand that if they had a higher number, they were in line behind us. So far it looks like we have about 4 rigs.

I still haven't decided if I am foot marching with the WW1 group or driving a vehicle. Or lending a vehicle for this operation.

Let me know if you are coming so we can try to work with the parade folks to have enough space.

Thank you, Peter L. If you need to get in touch, 360 870 0706

Amer-team

Hello Team,
I just got a note that we will be #162 on "I" street. What this means is that we will be towards the back of the small side street. Please do not drive up to the front till the other units get in place. This is a small side street with little manuever room. I know the WW1 folks are #156 and they are on the same street, so there are at least 6 units ahead of us. Just talked with Aaron W. and he may come up as well. If you have questions, please call me. 360 870 0706 or keep this number for last minute questions on Saturday morning.

manders

Can you give me a general idea on how long this event lasts? I really want to participate, but I've unfortunately got a work thing I need to be back in Redmond for at 1:45pm. If it typically wraps up no later than noon ... I'd have buckets of time to make it back!

Amer-team

The parade starts at 1100 and since we are #162, we might not get rolling till 1130 - 1140. Once we get going it doesn't take long. I am thinking if we get an earlier roll time, we should be done in the 1200 to 1230 range. it seems that we are usually eating lunch by about 1230 to 1300. You could drop out at the end of the parade, that will put you on the north side of Auburn.

Amer-team

Doubtful if you are off or doubtful about the ride? I am sure we could get you a ride. Depending on weather, I might let you use my WW2 jeep. I am walking with the WW1 folks, so wasn't going to take a rig. But if weather is inclement, I may not be able to get it ready on Friday. What kind of 5T did you get?

manders

The parade starts at 1100 and since we are #162, we might not get rolling till 1130 - 1140. Once we get going it doesn't take long. I am thinking if we get an earlier roll time, we should be done in the 1200 to 1230 range. it seems that we are usually eating lunch by about 1230 to 1300. You could drop out at the end of the parade, that will put you on the north side of Auburn.
Perfect! Presuming everything checks out once I recover it on Wednesday, I think I'll be able to make it. I'll confirm on Friday.

Amer-team

T minus 11 hours and counting. don't worry if you didn't check in, just show up. Looks like we will be getting a break in the weather. See you in the morning. Peter

manders

Sorry I missed the parade.

Best laid plans of mice & men ***some one*** - more than likely me but I'm gonna pretend it was gremlins!!! :p - left the battery switch on yesterday and when I went to power on this morning ... nothing!!! :-(

Fun time lifting these four batteries out all by my lonesome and schlepping them to Les Schwab for a recharge.

I'll try to make the next one ...

Amer-team

Manders, that is tough luck. We missed you for big brother back up. We ended the day with an M37, M151, and M38A1. While the numbers weren't big, the rigs looked great. The weather was cooperative and it was an overall nice day. I maybe had devine intervention as i was walking with the WW1 folks and lost an eye cup off the WW1 binoculars and managed to lose a WW1 sterling, capt. bar off my uniform as well. It is darned hard to find a matched set of WW1 Capt. bars. Other than that it was fun.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks