• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Authentic Alternator?

KaiserM109

A friend is considering bidding on an '85 M1009 on Ebay. Everything looks good except I have a question about what looks like 2 alternators (see pictures). They don't look military to me. Do they look OK to you?

Attachments

TyJustice

The passenger side looks like the original and the driver side looks to be a new or rebuilt. Looks good to me.

From the pic's it looks like someone has spent sometime in that engine bay.

ida34

The did not use the standard M-Series style alternator. Looks good. The cucvs did have isolated grounds on the alternators so they are not exactly the same as a regular GM alternator. The passenger's side must have the isolated ground while the driver's side can use a regular gm 100 amp alternator. 12SI type iirc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks