• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aux air tank on 1083 ????

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know if i can remove all the plumbing coming out of the side of the 3rd {rear} air tank and plug off all the holes and lines that go to it ? My ctis doesnt work anyway and i didnt know what functions i might lose by doing this?

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know if i can remove all the plumbing coming out of the side of the 3rd {rear} air tank and plug off all the holes and lines that go to it ? My ctis doesnt work anyway and i didnt know what functions i might lose by doing this?
Well....
That's your wet tank from the drier. You have to have it to feed the other 2 tanks and have brakes....so I wouldn't cap it off.

If your CTIS doesn't work why are you worried about this tank?

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im just talking the line coming out under the slave cable port with the diaphram in it and the electric port from the ctis not the lines in the back of the tank

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im just talking the line coming out under the slave cable port with the diaphram in it and the electric port from the ctis not the lines in the back of the tank
Again, why do you want to remove it because of non-functional CTIS? It feeds your cab airbags also.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well....
That's your wet tank from the drier. You have to have it to feed the other 2 tanks and have brakes....so I wouldn't cap it off.

If your CTIS doesn't work why are you worried about this tank?
I wanted to get rid of that one big whatever it is running down the side of the tank because of storage box mounted right up against the battery box i could cut of the box to go over this thing but i didnt want to if ididnt have to i have it off now and caped but i could put it back on if im loseing something important ive run the truck no leaks ,the fan still turns i wasnt sure where the air comes from that locks differential center chunk in and out?

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wanted to get rid of that one big whatever it is running down the side of the tank because of storage box mounted right up against the battery box i could cut of the box to go over this thing but i didnt want to if ididnt have to i have it off now and caped but i could put it back on if im loseing something important ive run the truck no leaks ,the fan still turns i wasnt sure where the air comes from that locks differential center chunk in and out?
Your fan is engaged because of no air to the clutch. It will never disengage because you removed the air supply. Are you sure that you want that? I believe the differential lock is supplied by that air also.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Push come to shove you could tee into one of the other lines on the tank and cap that opening off. That diaphragm thingy is your PPV valve. It shuts off around 75 psi to conserve air to your other 2 tanks, hence, the brakes.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Push come to shove you could tee into one of the other lines on the tank and cap that opening off. That diaphragm thingy is your PPV valve. It shuts off around 75 psi to conserve air to your other 2 tanks, hence, the brakes.
Damit i was hoping to be done with the ppv but guess not ! sounds like its too much colateral tied to this thing i droped the thing to mount these side boxes but i can go back inside the box and put it all back original just leave the ctis unpluged thanks for the knowledge back to the srawing board

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks