• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Awesome aluminum extrusion gift!

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A Swiss machine builder friend of mine was nice enough to give me a large quantity of 15 series 80-20 aluminum extrusion and a large bag of T-nuts, 180 linear feet! Just what I need to start building the internal structures of the habitat!IMG_20230211_113539.jpg

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Which series where you're using 10 or 15 and what's you plywood thickness?
I used the 10 series as I felt the deflection rate was more than high enough for my use. It also took up less room and weighs less. However, had I come into a lot of 15 series I'm sure I could have been swayed.

My plywood thickness varies, I used 3/4, 5/8, 1/2, and 1/4 dependent on the strength needed and if I needed a mounting surface. I then did rabbet cuts to lock the wood in place except on the 1/4 because it fit in the slot. It sometimes is interesting to get the panels installed and be able to tighten everything down.

If you don't have it, MayCAD-64 , is a very helpful tool for laying everything out. And while I started with 80/20, I used a lot of Tnutz products as well.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks