• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Axle boots with Zipper? or no

blmyachtsales

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Both of my axle boots are cracked, I dont see differential lube dripping just old looking black grease squeezing out. Wondering if I should use old style zipper boots and avoid pulling the wheel or suck it up and put on silicone one piece boots?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't speak intelligently for 5 tons but I can for deuces. For me, I prefer the one piece units. Not that their is a problem with zipper boots, I just use the one piece to force me to tear that front end down. That practice has probably saved me some down time along side the road for sure.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to go with one piece boots on the front of my 818, but it is time to tear the front down so it will be good to go ahead and go the one piece route

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks