• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Axle U-Bolt Torque

motormayhem

I took my m1009 on a run with the local off road club this weekend and one of the members noticed that my truck was driving a little sideways. After a quick inspection I discovered that the bonehead who owned my truck before me installed one of the lift blocks upside down so the rear axle is about 1/2" forward on one side. My plan is to remove the u-bolts that hold the axle on the springs, flip the block, check to make sure it is now aligned and reinstall the u-bolts. What torque should I tighten the bolts to. I was planning on using an impact wrench but I am not sure how tight I should make them.

Thanks,
Miles

motormayhem

Well I looked in the tm's and here is what I found

Tighten any loose “U“ bolt nuts to 40 Ib.-ft. (54 N•m) in an “X” pattern;
tighten again in same pattern to 150 Ib.-ft. (203 NŽm) for front springs and to
145 Ib.-ft. (197 N•m) for rear springs. Tighten front spring forward mounting
bolts to 90 Ib.-ft. (122 N•m) and rearward mounting bolts to 50 Ib.-ft.
(68 N•m). Tighten all rear spring mounting bolts to 110 Ib.-ft. (149 N•m).
Notify your supervisor if any components are damaged.

Are these numbers the same for the longer u-bolts required for a 4" lift?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks