• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Axle width on M101A2 trailers

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Question: Axle width on M101A2 trailers

Hello,

New guy here. :)

I own a 1986 M1009 CUCV and am looking to buy a M101A2 trailer from GL. Several of the ones for sale at Redstone Arsenal have what appears to be CUCV tires on them, but they are wider than the fenders and many of them seem to be "jacked up" pretty high.

I don't know if the axle on a M101A3 is wider than an A2 and if maybe these trailers listed as A2s are really A3s?

Anyone know why some of these trailers don't fully cover the tires with the fenders?

Thanks in advance.

MikeV

Attachments

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A3 axle is wider by about 8". Height should be the same! They are not easily narrowed.

blybrook

Those trailers look like the one I have in my yard. It's an A3 axle under an A2 body. Best to go with fender extensions (there's a thread about that) or an A3 body. Forget about modifying the axle; that drop axle has a gusset plate that comes almost to the spring pack.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks