• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Back in the shop

Broncorick

Well trying to work on my M37 in earnest now. Installed a "new" motor from a running donor M37 so took the opportunity to but in new clutch. Now redoing all the wiring with NOS harnesses that look and feel good (from the Netherlands!). Found a good M37 gas tank to replace the one that was from a generator I believe (incorrect hole for fuel gauge float but good still so will sell that.) Making and running a new fuel and brake lines and I have the see one of the neatest tools I have is the eastwood tubing flaring tool---I will post pics but remaking lines with new armour coils.
One question is there any trick to getting some fuel into the Carb" of the M37 to see if she will fire up-Thanks

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
On 1951 Chevrolet and up we just used to spray bottle some misty fuel into the carburetor.
Spray and it drinks and atomizes, stop spray and she out of fuel. sounds a little dangerous but if she doesn't backfire it runs. Air fuel spark works good.