• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Backup requested.

WildEd

I purchased a new to me 1972 M35A2 from a widow in WV a month ago, at the time thinking I would be here until June. The Batsoup virus has ended my job here as of this Friday. The truck had set for some time. I've done what I can mechanically with short notice to get it road worthy, while also towing a Jeep. My trip will be from Corbin, KY to Poynor, TX. Is there anyone out there that I could call on if assistance is needed?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you break down, post up here with “help” in the title. Put all the parts dealers phone numbers in your phone. Put numbers of transportation vendors like Wes or USF in your phone. Make sure the transmission oil level is 1” below full. Belts filters hoses need to be changed before you move out. Good luck!

WildEd

If you break down, post up here with “help” in the title. Put all the parts dealers phone numbers in your phone. Put numbers of transportation vendors like Wes or USF in your phone. Make sure the transmission oil level is 1” below full. Belts filters hoses need to be changed before you move out. Good luck!
Thanks. Replaced all belts, coolant hoses, jack shaft, filters and fluids. It seems a little underpowered, but I don't have the luxury of time to troubleshoot.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I'll be around somewhere in the state for the next few days. I have a storage yard outside of Memphis if there are issues and it needs to be parked

WildEd

I'll be around somewhere in the state for the next few days. I have a storage yard outside of Memphis if there are issues and it needs to be parked
Thank you. My trip will take me through Memphis. I made the same trip last year with another M35A2, but I had the time to replace all wheel bearings, ujoints and brake components. I'm rolling the dice with with this one.

WildEd

By what route will you be traveling.
A screenshot of a MAPS' directions will be helpful for those near that route to be on standby. Your schedule would also be helpful.

Praying you an uneventful trip.
The prayer is the best support ever. Thank you. The advice to post my route and time frame is wise, and I will abide as soon as I can confirm my departure time slot.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I purchased a new to me 1972 M35A2 from a widow in WV a month ago, at the time thinking I would be here until June. The Batsoup virus has ended my job here as of this Friday. The truck had set for some time. I've done what I can mechanically with short notice to get it road worthy, while also towing a Jeep. My trip will be from Corbin, KY to Poynor, TX. Is there anyone out there that I could call on if assistance is needed?
Depending on what Jeep you have, you might want to load it in the bed instead of towing it. However, the downside with that is that if you break down towing the Jeep, you can drive the Jeep if needed without having to unload it from the truck.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That can be easily field fixed. Use some string and a tape measure to adjust the tie rod such that the tires/wheels are parallel.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stop by Feltz tire in New Boston tomorrow morning for some tires if needed. Also Red River Parts in New Boston will have take offs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks