• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bad battery

mike-sgt-tackett

first let me say thanks to everyone who has posted fixes!
background info;
i have an '85 M1009, i have replaced the glow plug relay, done the doghead starter relay mod, cleaned connections and replaced the old direct drive starter with a new reduction starter from Db Electrical.

now to the problem, i have been driving my 09 daily, started up went to work, at the end of the day came out and no start. Volt meter was in yellow, got one click from starter and could feel it try to turn the motort over.
took batteries and had them checked. 2nd battery was dead (9.4 v and 0 amps) replaced the bad battery, reinstalled started up fine for three times fourth time same thing. had batteries rechecked and 2nd battery was dead again.

I'm in the process of replacing all wires but does anyone have an idea what would cause the 2nd battery to die completely after a few starts?