• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bad power steering pump??

rpellicci21

I searched the forums and TMs with no luck...

I recently got the '09 started and took her for a spin the power steering was non existent so I checked the pump and filled it up. I then realized the casing of the pump had a leak and had to be replaced. I grabbed another one from the local junk yard and hooked it up but still no power steering. I went hard over to hard over a few times to try to bleed the system but it didn't help. Then while the truck was running I tried cracking the high pressure line where it goes into the hydrobooster and there was nothing coming out. I'm guessing there should of been p/s fluid pissing out of the fitting. I'm leaning on thinking the pump is bad but there doesn't seem like there is much that could go wrong in the pump. All it is a impeller and a shaft right? As long as it's spinning there should be something coming out right? Or am I over looking something having to do with the hydroboost system? Any insight would be helpful.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks