• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Banjo Bolt on M923A2

socal_CUCV

Hey Fellas- Looking to see if anyone knows the specs on the Banjo Bolt located on the upper fuel filter/Water separator bleeder line. Had a air-lock issue after not starting my M923A2 for a few months and was purging/priming the fuel system and when re-tightening the banjo bolt, I slipped and caught myself with my hand on the filter area with the wrench on the bolt head...resulting in snapping the bolt's head off. I believe its a M8, but having a heck of a time finding one. Napa, O'Reillys, AutoZone, local hardware shops, Star Auto...no luck as they all have banjo bolts that start at M10 and only go up. Thanks in Advance!
IMG_0374.jpg

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cummins/Bosch part. Give me an esn and i'll see if I can find a p/n. I have never found a torque for one of the plugs, but, the return line banjos torque to 18 IN LB. Again, a bosch inline pump is self bleeding, no need to crack any lines or fittings.

Last edited:

socal_CUCV

Will- thanks for the offer of help! I just don't know the esn, wish i did.

MtnSnow- Thanks for the info. I took the threaded portion to my local hardware store and it threaded right into a M8 thread go/no-go guage...doe the list you have show a diagram? Where did you find that list? I can't find any place locally that has any size smaller than a M10, so will have to order from online and i want to make sure i get the right one.

Thanks!

MtnSnow

Once you get your ESN (Engine Serial Number) it's on the tag that is just forward of the Injection Pump. You can register for an account on the Cummins QuickServe Online portal at https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/index.html and then with your ESN you can look up the parts that go to your engine along with Diagrams. I have attached a picture of the diagram for the fuel plumbing. The item you are looking for is #2 and there is a total of 7 of them in use across the motor.
ft900go_lg.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks