• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Banks Turbo Help

dstang97

So far I'm not impressed with Tech support and some parts of the kit.

Anyone have any problems with the fitting that goes into the block for the turbo feed line. My fitting is bottoming out on the lower casting circle.

And the feed for the fuel lift pump runs right where the exhaust from the drivers side goes into the turbo

dstang97

the fuel line needs to be "U" shape to give room for exhause. the fitting needs teflon tape i love my kit. it only toke one day.

So you bent the metal part and did not cut any of it?

what about the oil feed? I can't belive mine wont fit right.

what do you have M1008 or m1009?

Last edited:

acesneights1

post some pics of where they had you tap for oil feed. I was under the impression you had to t off the oil pressure sending unit.

wkbrdngsnw

The oil fitting should go in the hole right under the oil cooler lines and above the oil filter and there is a plug that uses 1/4" extension to remove. That hole is NPT, the tread is tapered, so it should stop after a couple threads and that is how it seals.

The fuel line there should be rubber if I remember correctly. I just bent it out of the way and used a longer hose.

dstang97

Banks is going to send me another 90* elbo, the same that goes onto the turbo. I have no idea why my block is different and the one from the kit does not work. I'll try a longer hose for the fuel.

On a m1008 does the exhaust use the old hangers or do you put on the 2 that come with the kit?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks