• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Banks Turbo Install Question

pinbill

Hello-

Question to anyone who has installed the banks turbo kit. I am not going to be able to install a recently purchased sidewinder kit on my m1009 until the summer. I have to do some work on the cooling system and will have the coolant drained sometime soon. I wanted to know if I can put the new Banks lower radiator hose on while I am doing the rest of work and then put the rest of the banks kit this summer. Was hoping not to have to drain the coolant twice or have to take off the Banks lower rad hose to fit other pieces in this summer.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Bill

TyJustice

During the install you will be doing a lot of work in area around the lower radiator hose. So removing the old hose at the time of the turbo install will make working in that area much easier.

1. Removing lift pump for oil return.

2. Cross over exhaust will be installed in that area, so you will need all the room you can it.

I think you will find it easier if you wait to install the new hose after the turbo install is completed. 2cents

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get yourself some header wrap to insulate the lower rad hose from the exaust. The banks kit has a cheesey heat sheld. But You will melt the lower hose. I wrapped the crossover pipe with the header wrap. Then installed the heat shield over that. My lower hose problems went away. And yes you can install the hose now if you like. But like TY said. You will want it out of the way when you install the new mounting plate for the fuel pump. And return oil line from the turbo.