• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Banned by Govplanet over Red Rock pickup (and refusal to place shelter in the back of my 1 ton)..

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a 802 out of Wisconsin last week, yard would not let my broker schedule pick up till tuesday of this week. and then 8:30am Tuesday sent a message saying the Generator is not here. Talked with Gov Planet and they called the yard and then collapsed the sale. They better give me my credit card fees, and seems they screwed me by selling something that does not exist.

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a 802 out of Wisconsin last week, yard would not let my broker schedule pick up till tuesday of this week. and then 8:30am Tuesday sent a message saying the Generator is not here. Talked with Gov Planet and they called the yard and then collapsed the sale. They better give me my credit card fees, and seems they screwed me by selling something that does not exist.
So hopefully no one feels like i am hi jacking this thread as i will apologize in advance, but just like the original poster GP is trying to withhold the credit card fees, 6 people i went through this morning and finally 1 person sent an email to finance to get this reconsidered. I am also contacting my credit card company to dispute the charges. I reminded them of the buyers terms stating that their should be no Liability on my part until the item is picked up. So stay tuned for a fight. I realize in the end its about 40 dollars, but the principle of the matter has me on the war path for justice.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
RBA has been an auction house for almost 60 years. Does anyone really think they do not know how to get that last nickle from a buyer.

They have years of data and experience, and know how to get the most money on a sale. If that is moving stock, holding for better venue, or working backyard deals that is how the auction biz is run. Imagine if they "work" a dollar off each auction how much that is at the end of a year. They even have employees that work on equipment to get it through an auction, if it runs they get more coin, taillights guarantee. Does RBA repair and refurbish equipment, yes. Change a tire for a picture, why not.

Has anyone not noticed the inflated starting prices. If the price of the auction gets above the start price the auction moves quicker and saves time, more items across the block, and gets more money, win win.

I have only dealt with one yard, and everytime I go there by appointment the guy does a great job of helping out. If that meant using a tire of another vehicle it was done or a shackle to pull on trailer, or a few gallons of fuel, forklift, done. But to act like a yard nazi does not make good biz. If RR has a continued problem and the same guy why is he still there, and he may never be replaced, related? To have continued problems there I would not bid at that facility, or arrange another way of retrieval like has been mentioned.

But RBA has a pattern of biz. Having been around heavy equipment all my life, and having RBA close, knowing employees, and seeing what and how it goes across the block nothing surprises me. And having RBA buying up auction outfits continuously forever gives them allot of clout.

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So hopefully no one feels like i am hi jacking this thread as i will apologize in advance, but just like the original poster GP is trying to withhold the credit card fees, 6 people i went through this morning and finally 1 person sent an email to finance to get this reconsidered. I am also contacting my credit card company to dispute the charges. I reminded them of the buyers terms stating that their should be no Liability on my part until the item is picked up. So stay tuned for a fight. I realize in the end its about 40 dollars, but the principle of the matter has me on the war path for justice.
As a follow up i never got my credit card fees back. and it happened again in March of 2023 sold a pallet that had already been sold and shipped. So after 10 phone calls and a month money is to be credited back on 04/27/2023 of course less credit card fees. So after this I will be filling a complaint with the Attorney General and deleting my account with GP. I have had enough

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks