• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BaseX 305 Tent Saga story ramble

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Two days after my maintenance tent disaster diaster 004.jpgI got a call from Aswayze he was out at Rkrug place in western Ks and did I want a sweet deal on a Base X 305 decon tent. It is mil issue but instead of green or tan they are off white and came with floor, liner but no end walls, repair kit or stakes. I said get it thinking I could get the missing end walls at a later date. I bid on and won one at OKC and went down to get it and instead of 2 neatly packed tent burritos 305neat.jpg was the biggest pile of tan vinyl you could get on a pallet. If Warthog had not been there to help me jam it all in,wart 008.jpg wart no.jpgI don't know what I would have done, other than taking off the shell.
Any who since it is above freezing went over to davesgmc he and motoboy helped me get it unloaded and slowly but surely replaced broken struts and got it up. Turned out more the half of the vinyl is for the 11x11 command post tent, 3 window walls, door wall and tent bag, got to love those supply Sgt's. Best part of the OKC tent is it gave me all the stakes and end walls and most of the repair kit that I didn't use for my Decon version and with one extra end wall the tan will make a nice parking shelter for my M880 and m1009.baseX305 002.jpgbaseX305 003.jpg
As far as military tents go the BaseX on you tube looks like an easy up but with all the locking hubs, cables and how do you stake down the sides,(manual says use sand bags) I much prefer a 16X16 LW frame over the base X.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?119071-Maintenance-Tent-gone-wild!&highlight=

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why did you post a picture of my fat butt? I should give you an infraction for insulting another member.

So that is what that pile of stuff was. Looks like a nice parking garage.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yep one of the big weird shape pieces was a door wall for the command post, the other big loose one was an extra end wall for the base X. Again thank you for the help and 2 of the heavy lights were NOS!
bxLiner 002.jpg bxLiner 001.jpg bxLiner 003.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks