• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

batteries

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FWIW, I use Walmart cheapies. They don't fit the box well but seem to work fine. The ones in the M275A2 are 4 years old.

groundog

:) :) not that familiar with a 275A2---does it take 4 batteries? I use the Wal Mart in my M-35 and they work fine---not sure if I could fit 4 in my M-813 battery box thanks

papercu

battery

Well I don't know what you use your truck for but you probably don't need that many. My M816 cranks and works fine from two cheap batteries. Wayne

BTW A M275A2 is a Deuce tractor.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: battery

I use "Walmart" batteries too. They are over six years old now.
My 8x8 with the LDS465-2 engine was designed for two batteries and later changed to hold 4 each for extra reserve capacity.
Two batts will be the minimum you can use.

acetomatoco

The group 31 post type batteris work fine.. or from Walmart, I use the group 65s... a pair of them are great...their 100 percent return policy with no hassel is a bonus.... My M275A2 used two of the 29$ spcials for two years with no problem...I use solargisers too... great.. ACE

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Jason, you made it back from Ft. Riley and six batteries too. I guess I should have gotten a couple more at the discount price before your high vol. demand on the supply ran up the price!!!!!!!
James G

PS: Did you see any 3/4 ton trailer chassies coming up for sale at the GL lot?? They had a dozen or so last time I was up there but they didn't know when DRMO would let go of them.

motorolanut

BLEMS

6TL blems are great IF you can find them..Here in WV forget it...Its all $150+ for 6TL's or NAPA equals...Might have to try the other group sizes....I am in the same boat have a M813 and need all four batts but don't want to shell out $600.00 plus for 4 :cry: :( ...I wonder if a Semi-Truck or Dozer batteries would fit the M813 Box???? :roll:

groundog

:) :)thankss for all the info---I will check out the group 31 and Walmart---the truck was originally set up with 4 batteries---the cheapest u6tl in Phx is 142.00 plus tax---no blem available---if two will work in a 816 ----they should crank m-813---same engine

herc69

Re: RE: battery

Ferroequinologist said:
Or I get 6tl's for $30 each blemish at a warehouse. Brand new. $30 each is cheaper than a walmart batt.
LMK if y'all want me to check with the local warehouse for some. They usually have them in stock. Not sure what the core charge is, but still lots lower than $150 per!! :shock:

jeli

If you look at the specs of a 6tl it doesn't have that great of cranking power compared to "car" batteries. The calcium plates allow it to hold a charge longer. This is important if the truck sits for a long time. Even below zero my twin 770 CCA batteries start my 6.6 diesel. I don't see any reason to run 6TL's unless you want it to look original. I would run four std batteries on a Cummins 250 or other large diesel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks