• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Cable Lengths

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll measure mine tomorrow afternoon, if you haven't got the other lengths by then. Sorry to hear about the thieves.

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I measured mine just now. I've owned my truck less than a year, and I did not install my batteries, but mine are installed this way:
Negative batt to frame rear of battery box
20210106_135703.jpg
is 28 inches. It bolts on where the ground cable for the slave port is.
Pos batt to neg batt
20210106_135741.jpg
is 5 inches.
The positive terminal coming out of my second battery has two cables attached.
20210106_135826.jpg
The thicker one goes to my starter and is 45 inches. The thinner one goes to my slave port and is 60 inches.
These are approximations, since I did not remove my cables and lay them out flat. But they're very close. Good luck hope this helps.

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even the damn manual say 67 inches. Part Number 7762736
As I said, I didn't install my batteries i just measured what is on my truck. By all means go with what the manual says. Wasn't trying to give false info, just wanted to help.

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I replaced my cables almost 2 years ago, I made a thread with lengths because I couldn't find one. People would give me approximates (X should be enough, etc).

I recommend 4/0 wire especially if you don't start your truck often - the difference is noticable. And batterycablesusa.com as a supplier. I bought some cables off Amazon, but bcu had about the same prices with better insulation.

V8srfun

The exact length is not that big of a deal. If they are a couple inches shorter than original the only problem will be that the tray doesn’t slide out as far. And if a couple inches to long it will slide out a little further. When I replaced my batteries I got a deal on a set that had the opposite terminal location and had to make a new jumper after I installed them.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eric's has the short cable that connects the batteries to each other NOS for $8.85. I suspect you can find the other two cables NOS from other suppliers. That would save you some work. You will also need the terminal clamps, which are normally easy to find and there are several currently on Ebay.

The thieves likely stole the batteries and radiator to sell as scrap metal. You might want to check with the closest metal recyclers. You might find the radiator which would definitely save you some money. Hopefully you had insurance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks