• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Cable to Starter Routing?

OD_Coyote

Thie past weekend I was PMing my M35A2 and while I was greasing chassis I noticed the the positive battery cable that goes to the starter motor is just inches from the front driveshaft when the battery box is in the stowed postion.
Can someone tell me the proper route for the battery cable?

Thanks,
Chris

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When the battery box is in its stowed position, the cables should not hang down below the bottom of the box. There should be a metal plate attached to the battery box that fits between the box and the frame. The cables should set on this plate. If your cables are hanging too low in front of the battery box, you need to pull up the slack(through the frame) once the box is in position. If the slack is between battery box and the frame, you may be missing the plate on the back side of the battery box. Maybe a picture of your situation would help.Do you have a plastic box?

OD_Coyote

doghead - Thanks for the info. FWIW - The battery cable going to the starter is routed between the top if the frame rail and the bottom of the cab. There is a 1" + hole in the frame rail with a grommet that is open and I am wondering if the battery cable is supposed to go through that hole?
I will try to take some pics this weekend.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a 1" + hole in the frame rail with a grommet that is open and I am wondering if the battery cable is supposed to go through that hole?
Yes, the positive cable is supposed to go through that hole.

OD_Coyote

Thanks doghead :beer:
I rerouted the postive cable through the hole in the frame rail and now the cable no longer comes even close to the drive shaft or hang down.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has been my pleasure to be of assistance! (your very welcome)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks