• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

battery maintainers

dkozma

Here is my question: Am going away for several weeks. M1008 parked under cover. Friend will start it and move it every one to two weeks. Have two maintainer/chargers. Do I really need to set them up? Starting to get cold here, just don't want him to have any issues while I am gone.

Kasper31

I wouldn't start the truck unless your going to drive it and get it totally warmed up and the engine hot enough and long enough to get the condensation out of it, put the maintainer on the batteries and let it sit. It will be better off this way than the other. I put my trucks away for the winter with the solargizers on it, there's never been a problem in over 10 years.

rosie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We use a marine battery charger on our vehicles and generators, that are designed to charge 2 12-V batteries simultaneously. These units are great because they are sealed, waterproof and are capable of 12amps/battery. A bit pricey, about $130 apiece, but they stay permanently mounted and just plug into a convenience outlet when needed:driver:

Stalwart

We use a marine battery charger on our vehicles and generators, that are designed to charge 2 12-V batteries simultaneously. These units are great because they are sealed, waterproof and are capable of 12amps/battery. A bit pricey, about $130 apiece, but they stay permanently mounted and just plug into a convenience outlet when needed:driver:
Me too, I use the Chargetek CT500-1: CT500: Industrial / Waterproof Medium Amp Single & Isolated Dual Bank Series - Chargetek, Battery Charger Manufacturer CA, Battery Chargers, Battery Monitoring, AC Input Battery Chargers, Lithium Battery Chargers, DC Battery Chargers, Custom Bat

MUCH better than starting the vehicle weekly!