• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Question 1008

sporanox

I have an m1008 CUCV and I believe the batteries are shot. I have looked around in the forums about a replacement. Although replacing with originals would be nice, it is both time and cost prohibitive. I see from many post that I should try to aim for 1000 CA and around 800-900 CCA.

Does anyone have suggestions on the model of battery and where I may purchased your suggestion. I have to get up and running soon, so I will most likely be shopping around Monday. I live in Michigan if this would help with any of the recommendations.

Thanks,

cucv1833

Theres a lot of threads on this. You can do a search and find out.

I just went to walmart and bought 2 batteries 850 CCA for $70 each seems to get the job done.

I love optima batteries but didnt feel the need to spend a lot for this application.

Matt65

I ended up with 2 Blem (slight cosmetic) batteries from the Interstate Distributor @$45/ea. They are group 31's if I remember correctly. They have worked great so far, and came with a 1yr warranty.

Welcome to the forum!

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ditto on the Walmart, Napa, Sears, whomever. Get the highest CCA for your coin. No need to go overboard.

coecamo

Happy to see another CUCV. I also have a M1008 Welcome to the forum. The Group 31 800-900 CCA will work Fine remember the original 6TL batteries are the same as Duece or 5 ton. Yes this is a little more than a 6.2L needs to crank over but more is allways good not enough CCA isvery bad when its cold. Gary canton Mi
:)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please add your State to your location information. This is a site requirement.

Please also, try searching and reading before posting such a common topic.

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an m1008 CUCV and I believe the batteries are shot. I have looked around in the forums about a replacement. Although replacing with originals would be nice, it is both time and cost prohibitive. I see from many post that I should try to aim for 1000 CA and around 800-900 CCA.

Does anyone have suggestions on the model of battery and where I may purchased your suggestion. I have to get up and running soon, so I will most likely be shopping around Monday. I live in Michigan if this would help with any of the recommendations.

Thanks,
I'll share what works on my two CUCVs:

Wal-Mart Everstart MAXX batteries at 900 CCA and cost $85 ea before tax in TN.

These are "regular" car sized batteries and will need a wood spacer between the battery top and the top battery mounting frame to hold them in the battery tray securely.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went with Two Group 31 from Performance Automotive for $105 each with 1000 CCA. Great fit. Thanks for the feedback.
Sounds like a very good deal for "proper" fitting Group 31s...

I was too cheap and went with the "smaller" Group 34s...

Next time, it will be the 31s for me...

:grin: