• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Repair?

motormayhem

Well I haven added water to my batteries in about 2 years:doh: and they finally wouldn't hold a charge. Opened them up and sure enough they had about 1/4 the fluid in them. Filled them both up with distilled water and one charged up and seems fine. The other one, however, gets a open cell/sulfated condition on the battery charger. Is there anything I can do or is it time for new batteries?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are chargers that will attempt to de-sulfate the plates in the batteries. They don't always work.

It may be time for new batteries.

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well when you preform level 10 PMCS that is one thing you do check battery levels and fill as needed.
Maint free is not aways true.
Had one of are guy that would not do this and sulfated his battery's on M1070 HET they caused NMC.
we all payed the price.
at end of mission.
In my opinnion I would replace them both at the same time 6TL or Group 31 will work the same and whole lot cheper than Mil 6TL around $ 165.00 to 210.00 ish.
group 31 50.00 to 80.00 ish. hope this will help 2 are better in pairs than single one goes bad
soon the other will follow soon after.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is gonna sound funny. Drop the battery on the ground..from about 4 tp 6 inches up. It can knock the sulfation off and extend the life of the battery. If it is cold where you are, you should bring the battery temp up above 70 degrees so the case doesn't crack.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks