• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery venting

coachgeo

what is name/model of charger? I got a low cost one long while back that ruined a battery in storage. Advertising for the product made you think it was a tender/maintainter...... It wasn't..... it was a trickle charger... so overtime its constant charging just cooked the battery.

Last edited:

ramdough

Are they dusty? Could be minerals fromthe dust crystalizing with condensed moisture… what voltage is the tender holding the batteries at? Wash them off with soap water and a brush and rinse them clean and see if it returns…
It looks like crystals. Not road dust. I will clean it to see how long it takes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramdough

what is name/model of charger? I got a low expense on long while back that ruined a battery in storage. Advertising for the product made you think it was a tender/maintainter...... It wasn't..... it was a trickle charger... so overtime its constant charging just cooked the battery.
This one:

NOCO Genius GEN5X2, 2-Bank, 10A (5A/Bank) Smart Marine Battery Charger, 12V Waterproof Onboard Boat Charger, Battery Maintainer and Desulfator for AGM, Lithium (LiFePO4) and Deep-Cycle Batteries https://a.co/d/bG08psw

Should be a good one.

Batteries are $60 Walmart ones.

Third From Texas

This one:

NOCO Genius GEN5X2, 2-Bank, 10A (5A/Bank) Smart Marine Battery Charger, 12V Waterproof Onboard Boat Charger, Battery Maintainer and Desulfator for AGM, Lithium (LiFePO4) and Deep-Cycle Batteries https://a.co/d/bG08psw

Should be a good one.

Batteries are $60 Walmart ones.

That's the one I have on my dual battery setup.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a battery tender that I leave on the batteries. They are about 3 years old Walmart batteries.

I noticed crystals forming on the top of each battery. I am wondering if they are overcharging or what what could be causing this.
View attachment 896317
Might be time to drop all the cables and load test each battery and if a few bad convert to a 2 battery set up i did and its better now than it ever was !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What batteries did you end up with? Brand, model? Group 31’s?

I kept the original hawker agm ! just had 1 bad our of the 4 so i went the 2 battery system everyone pointed me to but i kept the 3rd battery in the 12 v position as a back up on the 12 side and for me to draw off of with my house batteries tie together at the flick of a switch so my house can be a back up to start the truck or the truck can charge the truck and house batts at the same time if my other options are down /no solar/no shore/no generator -inverter ! So atleast in any senario 1 out of the 4 will get u back up and running (REDUNDANCY) all ways have plan B.C.D.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks