• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery wires almost catch fire on CUCV

jgb680

I suspect that I have a bad starter on my CUCV, but I need some input. The truck has been hard to start for some time now, because sometime the starter will start first try other times I have to click the ignition switch numerous times before the starter will actually fire. Today I tried to start the truck, the starter didn't work, I clicked the switch it still didn't start. The wires connected to my front battery started smoking, the wires on the rear battery were fine... Is this just a bad starter or does anyone have any ideas on other problems?

Flyingvan911

I don't know much about CUCV's but it sounds like you have a short somewhere in the starter circuit. Try tracing the wire and look for burn marks/charred wire insulation.

Barrman

Do the above and check the condition of the rear battery. If it is bad, the starter won't turn very fast and all the load will go to the front battery.

majorhitt

Like others have said check your connections. Every connection should be cleaned then use some anti oxidant coumpound at every joint. Sometimes the starter is stopped on a bad segment, When you try to start it, the starter sits on the bad segment and overheats. It may be time to have the starter checked out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks