• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Beadlock Maintenance

XJfreakHO

New to beadlocks, have some 8 bolt h1's on the truck now...

Need to know what kind of maintenance needs done.

I heard retorque the bolts every month or 2, and replace the bolts every year or 2...

What about O rings? Never had the wheels apart, help?

jesusgatos

No experience with military beadlocks, but with regular beadlocks there's a period of time when the tires are first mounted where the beadlock hardware needs to be checked and re-torqued regularly. You'll notice that over time, they'll start to hold torque, and then almost never need to be re-torqued (still check them periodically). At least that's been my experience.

WARWAG

Ive been running the 8 bolts on my trailers for years and have never had any problems. BUT they do sit alot. I also had 8 bolt rims on my Hummer. The only problem I had was when I went to get new tires. The 8 bolts are a 5 sided nut I believe. We had to wait a few days for the shop to get the socket in. It was (is) a very remote small town. Other than that they re used the O rings (you should always replace) and we never had any leaks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks