• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bed Differences

Barrman

I have a 1951 Gasser somebody put a dropside be on. While looking at pictures and other trucks, I notice a difference in the drop side bed sides. Some have tie down pockets and mine doesn't.

What is the difference if there is one in normal beds throughout the M35 life span? I am thinking I want to keep the Gasser cab if I can combine my two to make one without holes in it that is. Keeping the OA331 and dual tires will make the truck stand out as a real olddy. I am just curious how much the beds changed over the years and how that will affect my period look.

Thanks.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Discounting the M34 bed, as well as the M35A3 bed, I can think of two versions of the non-dropside M35 bed, and two versions of the dropside bed.

If you'll send me the make, and VIN number of the truck, I can probably help narrow down what it came with.

DD

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Bed Differences

DDoyle said:
Discounting the M34 bed, as well as the M35A3 bed, I can think of two versions of the non-dropside M35 bed, and two versions of the dropside bed.
DD
I'm very interested to know the differences between the two non-dropside versions!
Tks.
Gerhard

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: RE: Bed Differences

I'll try to round up some photos to illustrate the differences. The most obvious is the mounting of the trailer receptacle.

Regards,
David Doyle

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks