• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bed installation

dirtyfingernails

Here are some pictures of my bed installation. My wife and I did it by ourselves. We used a block and tackle to slide the bed from the M105 chassis to the deuce chassis on lawn timbers. Once we got it to a point that the block and tackle didn't work (about 3 feet). We used my engine hoist to hold up the front side while I jacked up the rear with the high lift jack. Then I just pushed it toward the cab. It took about 4 jackings to get it slid up tight.

Attachments

dirtyfingernails

The deuce frame is already shortened. The bumperettes were left "outside" the frame. I was going to use my civy truck winch with a snatch block in the same position, but I felt that I might bend or break something with the winch. The block and tackle gave more "feel."

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
You better keep that little woman under wraps. :twisted:

Any wife that will help a man put a bed on his truck is a "keeper". [thumbzup]

My wife makes me hide the deuce behind the tractor shed. She says it's ugly.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle.................

dirtyfingernails

Wreckerman. Thanks for the kind words! She's definitely a keeper. However, she is the one who insisted that a bobbed deuce was okay but a full truck was not for our current location. I guess that shows who wears the pants in my family, huh?!

Blythewoodjoe

Get ya some nice looking mud flaps and it will make the bed look more at home. My truck had that "butt too big and high in the air" look until I put the mud flaps on. I think a set of the Yosemite Sam "BACK OFF" flaps would look really nice :wink:

I foresee some Michelin radials in the future.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks great Steve. I like your use of available power multiplication to get the job done. Can't wait to see it.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
looks like there is a new member of the double secret probation installed your bed by yourself club. welcome!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You'd better get cracking and get that thing ready, the Ga Rally is only 5 or 6 weeks away!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks