• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bed question

Kaiser67M715

These beds all bolt together, except for a few welds by the tailgate. You do need to slide the bed back to access the front bolts, you may be able to get away with not disconnecting the lights and the axle vent, but you would definitely need to disconnect the fuel filler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cucvrus

I am not so sure it is as easy as removing the bolts that hold the bed wall in front. I feel you will need to remove most if not all the side belt side bolts to get that front wall out of there. The front bed wall is in between the rear of the bedsides at both sides with the nuts facing rearward and then it has the rolled top end that is up under the bed sides fitted very tightly. And at the bottom it has a light angled edge that fits tight up under the floor assembly. There is more to doing a front bed wall change then meets the eye. It is in there fitted tight. As it should be to support any structural twists and bents and serve as a strong impact wall. I have put many new bed sides and front bed walls on and I remember the bed wall being the last thing to remove and the first thing to add to the floor assembly. It has been about a year since I took one apart. I did on Mr Rusty to take the bed wall. But I more or less used a portal-power and flexed the sides out to remove it. I would also recommend removing the entire bed assembly to do this task. Good luck it is a simple task as long as the under bed side bolts and mainlt the kept nuts stay in place as you remove them. I propane torch will aid in this if you decide to proceed.

cucvrus

I just took a look and you will have to get at least one bedside loose/off to get the front wall out and in in one nice piece. I hope that helps. If you need pictures ask. I am changing a bed floor in a few weeks and put an entire bed together for a current CUCV M1008 rebuild project.

Last edited:

2deuce

Thanks to all of you and especially cucvrus for the precise info. Cucvrus, I would like pictures or will follow your project if you post it here. My cucv is a dually bed that has had something(I think a water tank) slide forward and break out the front wall. I don't have it at home yet and I found a used bed with a good front on CL.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks