• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bee in my Bonnet

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well actually in my head lights. None of the lights on my new M37 are working so I started at the front. Pulled the HL rings off and the glass fell out of both HLs. Then I pulled the reflector part of the bulb out and found that the inside of the HL housings were packed with yellow jacket nests. Thankfully they were all empty. It was a start, but still not the problem.
Then I pulled the right Black Out Drive apart and there had been an obvious electrical fire in the housing. All of the insulation simply fell off.
I really can't afford a new harness and all I want right now is to get it to the point I can pass state inspection. Should I just start running wire to the essential components or give up until I can afford a new harness?
I sure hope the jerk that sold this is a SS member so I can let him know what a POS he is for false advertising.

devilman96

If its THAT bad I would do the harness... You start patching and piecing and your liable to set the whole thing ablaze... Only you know your ability.

Personally I think nothing of snatching a troubled harness and replacing it... It saves so much work and annoyance!

randyscycle

I agree with Devilman, just judging from what you've said so far, it sounds like the parts of the harness you can't see may be as bad or worse, plus there had to be a cause for this fire. I'd definitely put off driving/inspecting until its fixed correctly.

Nothing more fun than driving down the road and suddenly thinking, "Where's that electrical smell coming from?" Just before something erupts into flames.

stampy

Rewiring is the only security. You know your abilities and its always better to do a 1 hr from scratch job then a 15 minute patch job that leaves you with blown lights down the road...at night...when its cold.... in a bad section of town.... pulled over by John Law... etc. Not that I know from experience...

ems4ty

I agree with rest in replacing the wiring harness with new. Not sure what vehicle you have, but I did a complete wiring harness replacement on my Deuce and it was pretty straightforward and didn't take too much time to do. However I did have to custom fabricate my own Rear Wiring Harness because no one had one in stock when I needed to do it. Haven't had any problems since. The prior wiring harness was very old and extremely brittle where the insulation would just fall off.

Good luck my friend!

-Tyler

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks