• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Before a roadtrip ask about Spring ride or air ride seats!

Darwin T

At the end of Aug 2010 I flew to Goergia to pick up my new M35a2 (Sgt. Allison Stormwater) and drive her back to TEXAS. :D This involved about 19.5 hours of highway time (not counting hotels at night) stopping only for fuel and when my A$$ went NUMB! :shock: She has the old style storage box drivers seat (for now). I did not know that was ever an option. :evil: I can laugh about it now that the feeling has returned!!! I think it was about 855 miles. Why would anyone do that? :cookoo: Well if I can't jump in and drive either of them my MV's ((M109a3 (Sgt. Ike Stormwater) about 355 miles home when i bought him)), and drive them anywhere I need or want to then they are not any good to me. If another Hurricane comes through I don't want to be sitting on the side of the road scratching whatever itches at the time, they need to be driven!

Stan Leschert

Air Ride is the ONLY way to go. Must large truck wreckers have them for fairly cheap. The sore butt is a problem, but if you want to keep your spine intact.... springer seats are OK if properly adjusted, however, as a 20 year CDL driver, Air is GOOD!

Darwin T

Either would have been great. My M109a3 has a spring seat so when I bought my M35a2 I never thought twice. Since my M109a3 is not going anywhere I am looking for an airride for him and will move the spring ride to my M35a2, because if either of them go it will be her.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks