• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bent drive shaft

rfischba1

Got my M1008 home today and realized the vibration is from a bent drive shaft.
How hard are they to replace?
Are used ones expensive and hard to find?
What can I expect to pay for a used shaft?
Can you drive short distances with a bent shaft?

JAsher45

to replace the shaft is just a matter of 4 bolts on the pinion flange and the u-joint and shaft fall free. then it just slides out of the back of the transfer case. You should be able to pick on up at a junk yard no problem... just make sure you measure first... i had to replace on my M1009 one of the balance weights came off.. i went to a local race car shop and had them build me one from scratch... new yoke and ends.. balanced and out the door for $155..

you can drive a short distance with a bent shaft... but dont not recomend drive any more then you have to... the vibration is moving to your transfer case and rear end... where it will cause premature wear to bearings and seals

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks