• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Berna 2VM (Sauer 2DM) Owners???????????

hoosier unimog

DSC07170.jpgDSC07164.jpgLooking to ascertain if there are any owners of the Berna 2VM or its cousin the Sauer 2DM 6x6 Trucks in this country, or even any Steyr 680 (Austrian made)owners. Please contact me at "unimog@comcast.net"

Last edited:

saddamsnightmare

June 22nd, 2015.

hoosier unimog:

There was a Sauer truck like the one in your photo that used to show up at the NSSA Shoot at Fort Shenandoah over by Gainesboro, Va before I left the area in 2007. All that I remember was that the winch was either behind the front bumper or behind the cab, and it had fairleads and rollers to feed the cable forward, backward and to either side. I figured that was a pretty slick way to do it, but I don't know what you must do to find parts for these as they are even more rare in the US then either the Unimog or the Pinzgauer. Probably the only rarer truck in the US is a running Alvis Stalwart.:-?

hoosier unimog

The truck you saw at the Show could not be a Berna 2VM (Saurer 2DM) if the winch cable would be accessible to either side, only the front & rear on my truck. The Steyr 680 has pulleys to facilitate either side accessibility and I have one which I am debating to sell since I am in the process of acquiring a Steyr Haflinger Type 2.

Thanks for the reply, hopefully someone will know of someone who knows of a vehicle such as mine!!!!

RichM882

I have a Berna 2VM. She is known as 'Bernadette' in the local MV circuit. I have owned her for nearly 10 years and runs like new, cruises at 50mph and returns 14 mpg (Imperial gallons).
I would not swap her for any other 5 ton lorry.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks