• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best 24 Volt Source on M1009

rgguin

I have a 24 volt siren that I simply want to test from a 24 volt source on my M1009. Where would be the easiest place to hook it to? I know the starter is 24 volts but is hard to get to. Is there a certain place on the firewall that I can get 24 volts? Thanks in advance for help. :lol:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Go to the passenger side of the firewall, remove the cover from the 24v distribution bar (the top one I believe with all of the heavy red wires attached to it) by unscrewing the two nuts and hook your wire to any of the big lugs. The one below it is ground. The top one is where the starter gets its 24v and where the slave cable attaches for ground and hot.

acetomatoco

for test purposes just use the nato plug on the grille...it is connected to the buss bars on the firewall... or you can use the negative term on front battery and positive cable from rear battery to get 24 V... ACE

gasser

I would agree with Chris; easist way is to use the distribution blocks on the firewall. I would be affraid to use the NATO plug with individual wires from a siren.

-graham

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks