• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best A/C option for M1008 with a 454.

Vegetta58

Just got a 1986 and was trying to figure out best path to adding A/C. The 454 was just rebuilt but when it gives up the ghost I'm probably going with an LS motor. I looked through the forum and didn't see an A/C mod. Any help would be appreciated.

chevymike

At this point, Vintage Air is likely your best bet. Nostalgic Air had a CUCV specific kit but the company who was making their housings went out of business so they are not offering them anymore. Other than the compressor mount/style and likely hose routing to it, everything else would be the same for the truck.

Vegetta58

Find a doner truck in a junk yard or on craigslist and take what you need.
So is this probably the cheapest way to add A/C instead of buying a vintage air kit? Getting the under dash and firewall parts out of a bone yard and running new A/C lines to whatever compressor I mount? Has any one had success with this? I found the underdash stuff and firewall local already pulled. If I go this route I'll post all the pics. Thanks

adf5565

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m guessing your 454 setup is 12 volt right? That should open up your options a lot as you can scavenge parts from almost any big block vehicle with AC, not have to find 6.2 specific ones.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks