• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best forum around for information

This Saturday I'm buying my second M37 but it has one problem. The engine is stuck and was wondering if there is a good way to unstuck the motor. I plan to get a bottle of Mystic Oil to dump in the cylinders to hopefully unstick the motor. Is there something better? I also plan to pull the truck instead of trying to use the starter and was wondering if using the lower gear in the transfer case would be better or keep the transfer case in the high range? I remember doing this years ago but it was a automatic so we couldn't pull it.

Any help would be appreciated.

On another surprising note the vin tag has US AIR FORCE stamped into the tag ...way cool I'm going to have a blue M37. If I hadn't started painting my current M37 OD green I thought about White for SP or gray for dock side Navy

Thanks to anyone who responds

Chief_919

Kroil is fare better than Mystic or anything else.

Get two of the 8oz bottles and dump about 2oz in each cylinder. Let it sit a week or more, then try it by hand first.

Be patient. It took a lot of time to seize up, it will take time to unstick without breaking a ring.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
50/50 ATF & Acetone. Park it in a high gear facing down hill and forget about it till shes at the bottom of the hill.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry. What ever you try go easy. Also if you find you want to pull her I would use reverse gear and pull forward or a forward gear and pull backwards.

Last edited:

gerrykan

I have seen a flathead Dodge engine that was stuck due to a valve being stuck in the closed position.
You can find out if this is the case, by turning the crankshaft backwards using the bolt on the front of the crank.
The motor will rotate backwards until the cam lobe returns to try and open the valve again.
If the bolt loosens first, then this is probably not the problem.

If you try to pull start the truck, be careful of to much speed and don't pop the clutch suddenly or you may bend a rod.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks