• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best PDF app for reading training manuals?

Hummerhmm

I want to bookmark, hi light, write on, organize, and most importantly search text. Adobe has not been working well. What do you guys use?

M1165A1

I usually read with acrobat on the ipad. It's better than any PC-based app I've used included Adobe Professional and Kofax. But I am at a point where I may just spend 500 bucks to print them out and put them in a 3 ring binder.

Action

Kinko's quoted me about $1 per page to print....
I recently just searched web on my phone for "pdf tm 9-xxxxxxxxxx". open up a result that has PDF at the beginning. Read away.

papakb

Hummerhmm, I don't know where you are in Texas but I can almost guarantee there's either a National Guard, Army Reserve, or State Guard unit near you that gets printed copies of the TMs all the time and throws the old ones in the trash. Head over and talk nice to them and you'll be surprised what you already paid for that you can bring home! Heck, if you're real lucky they might cive you the next to the last copies of their CD's.

Good luck!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Maybe one of these services:

Wow!

Those prices for a hard cover book is pretty dang reasonable @ Barnes & Noble. Theis maximum page count is 800, so a lot of TM's would require two books
but still - that isn't bad at all...

The only thing may be copyright concerns.

They (B&N) are a big target, so I imagine they are careful about what they print.
Getting sued isn't where they want to be.

therooster2001

Ipad native Books has an annotate feature by text, highlight and draw. It also has a magnify one too. No additional money.

I printed my 5-ton TM for fairly cheap using a local chamber of commerce discount, used it a couple of times, and now they sit as I use the search function (yes I know the index is sort of that) on my iPad. Save a tree.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks