• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best Price on a Slave Port Connector for MEP803A?

Mweiss

I've been shopping around for a slave connector, as I plan to use it with a solar panel to create a battery tender/trickle charger. Some of the connectors go as high as $199. I found this one at about $60, but it still seems high.

Are there any less expensive sources for this connector?

1719895337675.png

Jeepadict

I'm sure the majority will agree that keeping a battery tender on the individual batteries via a dual-bank such as the Noco 2x2 or 5x2 is preferred over a 24V charging or solar device via the slave port. Reason being, the dual bank units monitors the batteries individually instead of just general system voltage.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been shopping around for a slave connector, as I plan to use it with a solar panel to create a battery tender/trickle charger. Some of the connectors go as high as $199. I found this one at about $60, but it still seems high.

Are there any less expensive sources for this connector?

View attachment 926977
$60 is cheap, less than my cost for the 30 amp connectors when i was buying them in bulk for trickle chargers.

Mweiss

I have spare solar panels laying around and use them as battery tenders, such as on my pickup, which will kill a battery stone dead in just a week of sitting. My plan is to set one up and connect to the slave port. It may not be elegant, but it will offset any phantom load that may be on the batteries when the genset is off.
I gather that there isn't a better deal on these connectors, so I'll grab the one I found and go with that.
Thanks for your thoughts!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks