• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best Price on Air-O-Matic Power Steering?

houdel

Does anyone know of a place with a good price on Air-O-Matic Power Steering? APB at M35Products has it for $1800, I thought I saw it someplace for $1200-$1300 but I don't remember where.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He was the one who had them now the prices are up. Try Antelope Valley.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
These steering kits have been discontinued by the mfr - so pices aren't likely to go down.

Very sorry for your loss.

Sincerely,
David

sermis

m-35tom said:
put on hyd, cheaper and better
Not having hyd on my truck or ever driving a deuce with hyd I can't say. I know the air assist works good. I would say 60-70% better than manual. My 10 year old can drive the truck but takes a lot. It is a one hand or maybe a 2 hand turn job. I put Hyd on my M725. 100% better. One finger turning.
I know there has been several threads on hyd installs on the deuce. Is there a simple mod with easily to obtain parts?

sermis

acetomatoco said:
wimpy wimpy wimpy...
I have some shoulder issues. Normal everyday stuff is ok but long repetitive use or above my head and I hurt like h@@l the next day. Not young and bullet proof anymore. Gee I wish I was. I can actually drive my deuce around and it does not kill me. Makes it a lot more fun that way.

acetomatoco

You have a valid excuse...I have two bad rotator cuffs...I understand...but for those who do not need it..you can almost buy another complete truck for the cost of accessories...donchano...I just got my Medicare Card...made another milestone..happy motoring.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The only time I wish mine had p/s was when it's time ot back any trailer up, but especially the 105.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
The Army gives 88M's two guns to turn that wheel. I am thinking the Overson or Selectro hubs would be money better spent and ease turning as well. As Clint so aptly stated manouvering at a standstill is a workout but just think how the steering linkage feels.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Couuld also check with Maradyne in Cleveland OH. They are the Mfr. Used to be able to buy direct they had east and west sales reps.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
acetomatoco said:
..you can almost buy another complete truck for the cost of accessories...donchano...I just got my Medicare Card...made another milestone..happy motoring.
Ace, some times you crack me up!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks