• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best Trailer for the M818??

EdMontana

will a 25 TON M172M1 Semi trailer low bed be too much for the M818? will the fifth wheel work with it? height and size of king pin??

Ed

M1075

EdMontana said:
will a 25 TON M172M1 Semi trailer low bed be too much for the M818? will the fifth wheel work with it? height and size of king pin??

Ed
The M172 will work fine with the M818. See pics below. I think these are both members here on SS. Whether or not the M172 is the "best" trailer depends on your application. How do you intend to use and what will you be hauling? The M172 is proably the most heavy duty trailer you can pull with a M818. It has a reversible king pin for use with the M818 and commercial fifth-wheels, but also has the big one for use with M123 and M911. To make a M172 more user friendly for hauling equipment, I would look at adding hydraulic ramps in the rear. You might also need to reduce the overwidth if you want it to be within 102" legal width. The last picture is a M172 with these modifications. The M172 is a stout trailer and a lighter trailer might suit your application better.

Attachments

jwaller

RE: Re: Best Trailer for the M818??

All depends on what you want to do. what is your load? how far are you going? are you fully commercially insured and can get over width permits? do you have a CDL?

M1075

RE: Re: Best Trailer for the M818??

Ed-

Don't forget you can also pull that M172 with your M1070 in your avatar!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks